Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.5 NDMP Problems

2008-12-31 10:58:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.5 NDMP Problems
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:55:24 -0600
Hello,
I am curious as to your setup, are you sharing NDMP drives between filers
or with other Storage Nodes ? I would recommend you to use dedicated
drives to the filers.Do you use VTL ? Clone  to Physical tapes ? Can you
run the problem Qtree by itself with no contention during quite hrs to see
if they work, may be this is not so much a Legato issue but resource
issues ?
Meanwhile you should be able to use over the network method to backup NDMP
data till the issue resolved, what prompted you to go to 7.5, it just came
out ?
Thanks

tkutil <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
12/31/2008 08:08 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
7.5 NDMP Problems

Opened call with EMC this morning.
Restarted NDMP backup group by itself to get better log data.
Small volumes & Qtrees seem to backup, but anything else just drags. I can
no longer backup my SAN in a night and because the NDMP backups are
dragging the other groups don't finish either because of contention for
the tape drive.

Hopefully EMC has an answer or I might have to roll back to 7.4

|This was sent by troy.kutil AT milwaukeetool DOT com via Backup Central.

type