Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.5 released

2008-12-30 17:07:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.5 released
From: Debbie Furgat Dunn <askdebhow AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 17:03:36 -0500
Hi Stan,
  Hope you are doing well.  With regards to tuning nsrjobd for memory
utilization there is a knowledge base article on Powerlink which provides
details on this as well as a high level overview of nsrjobd, the nsrjobsdb, the
purging process etc.  Additionally there is an RFE filed (LGTsc20017) to change
the default settings for the policies used to determine when purging occurs to
be more inline with what is recommeneded in the Upgrades Technical Note.
  Hope no one minds but I'd like to make reference to the NetWorker Support By
Product Landing Page to point you to the Knowledge Base article regarding
nsrjobd to help raise awareness.  This website has been up and running for some
time and it's purpose is to provide a central location of key NetWorker
Knowledge Base Articles, Whitepapers, Manuals, and Technical documents that are
available on Powerlink.  This Landing Page is frequently updated with new
information, in particular the Installation and Upgrades section (up to and
including NetWorker 7.5).

There are two ways this website can be accessed:
>From Powerlink, go to the Support Menu -> Support By Product -> NetWorker
The direct link is https://support.emc.com/products/NetWorker.aspx
Both require Powerlink authentication to gain access.

In the Configuration Section within the Getting Started Tab you will see a link
entitled "Tuning jobsdb default settings" in the General Subsection.  Clicking
on this link will take you to the article I was referencing
(http://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg93654).

I would also like to encourage anyone who visits this site to use the feedback
mechanism in the bottom right hand corner of every page to help us make this
site even better.

Thanks
Debbie

Debbie Dunn Mgr. Product Management Service Planning & SystemsEMC Global
Services Email: dunn_debbie AT emc DOT com
Check it out NetWorker Information Lives Here:
https://support.emc.com/products/NetWorker.asp

Spare me the grim litany of the "realist," give me the unrealistic aspirations
of the optimist any day.
-Colin Powell