Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup level question

2008-12-30 15:17:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup level question
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:15:30 -0600
Hello,
Unless you have VTL replication, what are your plans to recovery data
offsite , outside of FULL clones ?
You should sit down with your Boss and explain the situation, if you are
running low on diskspace , what will happen when you add more clients or
data grows ? You may need to look at your environment and come up with
acceptable plan to protect the data according to your SLA'  & company
policies.
It's best to have management support on whatever decision  is taken, you
don't want to put your job on-line if some backups are missed.
HTH

nkarthik <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
12/30/2008 02:03 PM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Backup level question

Hey Fazil,

Thanks for your reply.

The new dumps are placed everyday by clearing up the old one. I have to
retain the data online for a month. This is a pretty new setup and i have
to enable cloning to tapes for every Full backup. I would like to alter
the schedule to take a Full backup once/twice in a month. I need
assistance in creating a good backup schedule level.

|This was sent by karthikeyan.narayanan AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

type