Networker

Re: [Networker] Save set messages question

2008-12-29 16:27:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Save set messages question
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 15:24:38 -0600
Hello,
There are several options.
Savegrp log does have logs as the backup is progressing.
Messages log mainly has Media, index etc
Deamon log has logs on the  Server.
If you enable various Notification including owner notification you will
have completion reports, if you were to start a savegrp with additional
logging option ( Could be costly in terms of server resources including
diskspace) you will pick up more info.
Lastly, via scripting you could list the groups that are running and their
progress, same info is displayed in GUI but someone have to monitor it.
External tools may offer more capabilities, such as networker reporter,
tektools,EMC Dashboard etc.
HTH

yazzu <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
12/29/2008 10:27 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Save set messages question

Im very new to networker so forgive me if this is a simple question.

I am trying to read the messages generated under the Completed
Successfully section in real time via a batch script.

Background:
Networker 7.4
I have multiple save sets under a job which takes 10 hours to complete.
Warnings in the Messages field could be generated at any time but I wont
know about them until the Savegroup completion email is sent which does
not give me enough warning.

What I have found is that the info in the Messages field is not written to
the messages file until after the entire group is completed, I would like
to get this info in real time

I already have a script that can parse through the messages file and email
me any info I want out of it but as I said above, the info isn't written
until the entire group is complete, which is too late for my purposes.

Thanks for any help

|This was sent by yazzu AT yazzu DOT com via Backup Central.

type