Networker

[Networker] Automatic Cloning Failing

2008-12-23 06:01:10
Subject: [Networker] Automatic Cloning Failing
From: ee01akk <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 05:58:45 -0500
Networker Server 7.4 SP2 on AIX 5.3

Automatic cloning is failing for a specific disk -> tape clone pool.

There are no errors or indication of why the cloning failed in the daemon.log,
but it is being reported in the NMC interface that automatic cloning failed.
There are sufficient cloning media for the daily disk clone pool that is
failing, no R/W issues with the library, the drives or the media. Run a manual
clone operation and that worked.

It's possible that Networker timed out in trying to run cloning for multiple
groups. Aside from altering the backup scheduling, is there any other reason
why the automatic cloning would fail and what configuration in Networker I can
try to get it working?

It's failed for 2 nights in a row.

I'm not a Networker expert so if you can provide me with the commands I need to
input that would be much appreciated.