Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Training

2008-12-22 18:37:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Training
From: "Joe N. Wallace" <joe.n.wallace AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 23:34:40 +0000
Hi Rick

When I say that the EMC Networker course does not have much of a reputation,
I base that on the following:

-I my self had a non-EMC training course at a European company which stated
it was using EMC materials. That material consisted of slides with limited
text and the trainer apparantly had some deal with EMC to be able to teach
this course (he told) . The trainer was a nice guy, and new  the stuff, but
did not at all manage to make the material attractive at all. And to many of
the lab's did not work at all e.g. restore a legato server from scratch by
using boostrap information.

-I've been on some EMC courses regarding SAN. Those have been terrible, but
the study materials was much better than the materials I got at the
Networker course. Still the same, ever to often the labs don't work.

-I have 3 collegues who all have gone to a Networker course in England. They
all have the feeling they didn't learn anything useful and they all feel
unconfortable working with Networker today. Henche, I'm trying to take over
and do the stuff.

-I've heard from friends abroad the same rumour.
Now I'm in the position having big responsibilities regarding backup, but
not having all to much know how. Fortunatelly I found this discussion list
and from here I've got the best explanations on many things important.
It's very incouraging for me to hear about something positive that I could
possibly use for our benefit. So if there are recomendations for some
trainingcenter, some teacher, other resources on the internet, it would be
so very helpful for us here.