Networker

[Networker] Using volume from wrong pool

2008-12-22 17:12:25
Subject: [Networker] Using volume from wrong pool
From: Italianjoe69 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:46:27 -0500
I hope someone can help as I am stumped :(

I am running NW 7.4.2 on Windows 2003 with an STK L700 tape library.
I have MANY groups configured and just a few pools and all pools are assigned
to multiple groups.

For example, I have Exchange groups assigned to Exchange pools and System
groups assigned to System pools.

For the past week I have noticed that when I run an Exchange group it is
looking for a tape in a System pool.  It will even try to label a new tape
using a system pool!!  It has even used a tape in the default pool, which is
NOT assigned to any group.

I have tried recreating pools and assigning them to the proper groups, but I am
still seeing the error.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Joe