Networker

Re: [Networker] solaris 10: how to backup zfs datasets?

2008-12-17 09:48:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] solaris 10: how to backup zfs datasets?
From: "Clark, Patti" <clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:45:31 -0500
To expand a little on what Peter said and to correct your original
assumption, your zone name is not a mount point.  Networker only works
with file systems, not the stuff that is behind it.  I use LVM for
managing my systems and cannot reference the lower level structure to
back it up as a generic whole.  You have to deal with Networker and the
file systems that you've created.  We backup ZFS systems here without
difficulty.  I haven't tried the ALL in 7.4.3 and will keep that in
mind.  Thanks Peter.

Patti Clark
DOE/OSTI