Networker

Re: [Networker] two clients with the same hostname / netbiosname

2008-12-16 05:58:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] two clients with the same hostname / netbiosname
From: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 10:52:11 -0000
I've had this issue in our environment.

We worked around this by substituting the shortname alias with the IP address.

So instead of having alias like this

Server1
Server1.domain1.com

We use this

<IP address of Server1>
Server1.domain1.com

But I fail to see why EMC decided to use this mechanism. I see no benefit with
it only security hole and issues such as this one.