Networker

[Networker] Question about skipping a directory on Windows and iPods on Macs

2008-12-15 15:53:19
Subject: [Networker] Question about skipping a directory on Windows and iPods on Macs
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:48:42 -0500
I need to set up a server-side directive for a backup of a Windows 2003
client with NetWorker 7.4.1. What I need to skip is
e:\vi\bb_bb60\recyclebin. I have tried various permutations at setting up a
directive to do this, but I keep getting a parsing error when the backup
runs. Here's what I have now:

<< e:\vi\bb_bb60\ >>
skip: recyclebin

I also am having a heck of a time getting NetWorker NOT to back up iPod
devices on Macs. Does anyone have a directive that skips iPods? Fortunately,
the device name in the iPod that's haunting me with backups has the word
"iPod" in it, but something along the lines of

<< /Volumes >>
skip: *iPod"

Doesn't work.

Any suggestions on either question would be appreciated.