Networker

Re: [Networker] command to change retention policy for save sets

2008-12-15 09:37:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] command to change retention policy for save sets
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:36:33 -0500
You can't , you must actually delete them one at a time...

You need to think in programmatic terms.....

In order to delete a list of save-sets, you first build the list of
those save-set IDs into a file, then using that file as sort of a 'data'
file with the list of SSIDs, you build a command file (you know using
some kind of loop that ends up being a series of nsrmm commands in the
form:

Nsrmm -d -S SSID#

With one line for each SSID# you need to delete, if there are 1,000
ssid's generated from the mminfo command, then you'll end up with a file
that has 1,000 nsrmm commands to delete those 1,000 ssids....

It's not that hard if you think about it in a systematic perspective....
It's called structured problem solving... A needed skill for this type
of administrative job... My past as a programmer is my advantage...