Networker

Re: [Networker] two clients with the same hostname / netbiosname

2008-12-11 10:07:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] two clients with the same hostname / netbiosname
From: "Joe N. Wallace" <joe.n.wallace AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:04:24 +0000
hostname resolution is OK.

When I define the clients I put the FQDN in the name field. Networker then
creates the aliases wichc seems to consist of the FQDN and a shortname.

But as Viertel mentions, if I put the FQDN name in the aliases files
manually, it does not create a shortname.

Now it's just a question if Networker handles that there is no shortname
only FQND in the aliases field.

I have this issue because now I have two clients with the same hostname, but
a different DNS suffix.