Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up SharePoint

2008-12-09 08:32:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up SharePoint
From: Rachel Polanskis <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT au>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 00:30:46 +1100
On Tue, 9 Dec 2008, Joe N. Wallace wrote:

As far as I know, you have to backup everything Full when using the NMM 2.1
(Networker Module for MS applications 2.1.)

When using NMM, Networker creates a snapshot of the client, so it probably
also needs extra space on the client server.

I don't understand why there is no simple sharepoint module to use with
Networker.

We are using it now at my site.

If you have all your sharepoint assets on a single server, you only need 1 NMM. If you have a distributed environment, you need 1 NMM per server. You need to back up all your servers doing sharepoint together. You also need to use NMM to backup the OS level,
so that has to run at a different time.

It was a bit tricky to setup the first time, but it works OK. The snapshots aren't that big and get deleted from the server when they are streamed to tape. The Admin guide was fairly well put together, but it could've given a few more bits of information.

rachel