Networker

Re: [Networker] "Cannot determine status of backup process. Use mminfo to determine job status." message on aix server

2008-12-09 00:27:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] "Cannot determine status of backup process. Use mminfo to determine job status." message on aix server
From: Brendan Sandes <brendannetworker AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 16:14:16 +1100
Hi again Sylvian
>From what you've said, the problem is more likely to be in the savepnpc
section.  Try running the script manually from the command line.  If this
works, remember that savepnpc doesn't inherit the system's environment so
things such as the PATH environment are not available (unless you set them
in your script).

It doesn't sound like the inactivity timeout is your problem.  It is simply
the amount of time the NetWorker waits for a response from a client before
deciding that the backup has hung (I've seen it before for example on
filesystems with a huge number of files doing an incremental backup).

Good luck .

Cheers!
Brendan