Networker

[Networker] EMC Networker / Celerra Data Mover - Can I share a TLU?

2008-12-08 03:42:05
Subject: [Networker] EMC Networker / Celerra Data Mover - Can I share a TLU?
From: bobalob <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 03:40:30 -0500
Hello All,

Does anyone know if it's technically possible to share a tape library between
networker server and a celerra data mover? I know it's possible to share
between 2 or more data movers, but don't know if I can between networker and
the data mover.

I would prefer not to use library partitioning as I'd like to maintain access
to both drives in the library from networker, but also gain the benefit of a
direct attached TLU to the data mover for LAN free backups.

I'm running networker 7.4.1 on windows server 2003 R2 SP2 and FLARE code 5.5 on
the celerras. The tape library is a Quantum Scalar 50.

Thanks for your help

Dave.