Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.4.3 woes

2008-12-05 03:55:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.4.3 woes
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT newtech DOT fi>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:51:13 +0200
On Thursday 04 December 2008 22:23:17 Mathew Harvest wrote:
> Hey Dag,
>
> Not sure if this is what you are seeing, but there is a problem with
> 7.4.3 (I'm running in WinX86) where the jobs database gets jobs stuck
> after they have completed successfully ... this means that for a client
> with a parallelism of 1 won't be allowed to start any more jobs, there
> is a patch for this problem - LGTsc20094, prior to this being available
> I got around this problem by increasing the parallelism of the client,
> and networker would allow a new session to start (this is without a
> group restart - not sure when networker started doing this as I thought
> in previous versions once a group started you couldn't change a clients
> attributes and have the changes picked up) - the one problem with this
> workaround, if you do it for an extended period of time then you then
> you may exhaust your server parallelism ...

Thanks Mat for this answer,

The only problem here is that I used a recently downloaded pack for the update
and reading the esg on the issue on Powerlink the patch is supposed to be in
the newest version already (Build 583 and up). Didn't have a chance to check
what I really have at the moment as downgrading to 7.4.2 made everything work
again, except from the dedup stuff, where 7.4.2 is not very happy with a 4.1
Avamar server, sigh....

Best
Dag