Networker

[Networker] EDL, cloning and storage nodes

2008-12-04 23:22:50
Subject: [Networker] EDL, cloning and storage nodes
From: brerrabbit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 23:16:13 -0500
Brendan Sandes wrote:

> (snip)
>
> The DR design is that all backups are automatically cloned to a storage node
> at site 4, the DR site.
>
> (snip)

Brendan, I have a couple of thoughts about what you're trying to do, but before
I suggest something idiotic, could you elaborate on your plans to clone from
one site to another?  Based on your concerns about firewalls and such it
appears that you are going to send your clone traffic over ethernet; what kind
device set up are you envisioning?

Thanks
--brerrabbit