Networker

[Networker] 7.4.x tuning

2008-12-04 13:01:49
Subject: [Networker] 7.4.x tuning
From: Teresa Biehler <tpbsys AT RIT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:58:41 -0500
Hi everyone,

We're preparing to upgrade to 7.4.x.  The document "Technical
Considerations Prior to Upgrading" includes:

Kernel parameter tuning for all UNIX and Linux systems

EMC recommends that for all UNIX and Linux systems, the following kernel
parameters should be increased. The amount that these parameters should
be increased is relative to the physical memory of the system; however,
you should consider increasing these to at least twice the default
settings.

- maxfiles (number of file descriptors per process)

- maxsiz (size of stack segment)

- maxmsg (message sizes)

- nfiles/nflocks (the number of file descriptors/locks)

- semmax (the number of semaphore sets available)

- shmmax (shared memory)

Are these parameters valid for Solaris 10?  The only references we can
find deal with Solaris 8.

Thanks.

Teresa