Networker

[Networker] SAVEPNPC and NSRSQLSV commands

2008-12-02 15:38:09
Subject: [Networker] SAVEPNPC and NSRSQLSV commands
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:29:39 -0600
Has anyone ever used the SAVEPNPC command with the NSRSQLSV command all
on the same line within the GUI?

Anytime we've used the SAVPNPC command, it has been for filesystem
backups, stopping specific services before the backup, and then starting
them after the backup finishes.  We simply put savepnpc in the backup
command field, and then edit the <groupname>.res file.

We want to do the same thing, but this time do a SQL backup.   Is there
any way (in a Windows & MSSQL environment) to combine both commands on
the "backup command" field in the GUI?

I'm guessing that I will have to run a command line nsrsqlsv in the
<groupname>.res file, but I was trying to avoid doing that, and hoping
that I could put it all on the GUI backup command field.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk