Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker reporting question

2008-11-24 13:25:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker reporting question
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:22:53 -0600
Hello,
There are few areas where networker can see improvement, including
reporting, just imagine, while back emc was charging for this reporting
feature which was part of " operations manager" however, when emc realized
the deficiency it bundled it with new gui as part of new networker
interface, to get the fully functional reporting the way you want it, you
will need to look into products below, unless you are a good scripter and
or can take mmino etc cmd to xml and do some web publishing.
Wisdm  & Networker Dashboard ( EMC)
Tek-tools
Networker Reporter ( Panel members owns this product)
Bocade
etc.
HTH

ppage <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
11/24/2008 11:40 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Networker reporting question

I've always found the Networker reporting to be kind of lame.  I receive
emails for my backups daily.  It's an extensive report; impressive detail,
except for simple things nobody would want to know such as:

How much total data got backed up in the job
How long it took.

If I am lucky enough to catch the job the same day it runs, I can get the
information nicely from looking at the group details but that info is gone
with the next job run.

I looked at all the canned reports and they all seem to show the size of
the job and how many files and save sets there were but not how long the
job took.

This all makes me miss backup exec where the jobs are stored for weeks and
any job report will tell you all you need to know, like how much and how
long.

Anyone agree?  Is there a better way to tell what's happening on my
Networker backups?  I'm probably not trying hard enough.

Thanks,

Pat

|This was sent by ppage AT hsd.cccounty DOT us via Backup Central.

type