Networker

[Networker] Networker reporting question

2008-11-24 13:06:53
Subject: [Networker] Networker reporting question
From: ppage <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:40:39 -0500
I've always found the Networker reporting to be kind of lame.  I receive emails
for my backups daily.  It's an extensive report; impressive detail, except for
simple things nobody would want to know such as:

How much total data got backed up in the job
How long it took.

If I am lucky enough to catch the job the same day it runs, I can get the
information nicely from looking at the group details but that info is gone with
the next job run.

I looked at all the canned reports and they all seem to show the size of the
job and how many files and save sets there were but not how long the job took.

This all makes me miss backup exec where the jobs are stored for weeks and any
job report will tell you all you need to know, like how much and how long.

Anyone agree?  Is there a better way to tell what's happening on my Networker
backups?  I'm probably not trying hard enough.

Thanks,

Pat