Networker

Re: [Networker] device disappearing on Tru64,

2008-11-24 10:30:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] device disappearing on Tru64,
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <thierry.faidherbe AT FOREM DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 16:22:15 +0100
 Hi,

When the tru64 unix host lose the tapes, use cmds such
emxmgr
hwmgr show scsi
hwmgr show fibre
hwmgr view device

to see if devices are really gone.

Did you fill /etc/ddr.db (or using ddr_config)
to configure IBM LTO3 tape devices ?

When tapes are gone, try using cmds like
inquire
hwmgr -scan scsi
inquire

to rescan FC HBAs ...

Look also at HBA speed and hwmgr coutners (see hwmgr get attr ...)

HTH

Th