Networker

Re: [Networker] Celerra Recovery

2008-11-21 15:54:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Celerra Recovery
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:52:44 -0600
Hello,
That is correct, you need like device to do NDMP restores.If you need to
copy out the data then you have option of unlike devices, using utilities
such as secure copy etc.
HTH

David Dulek <ddulek AT FASTENAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
11/21/2008 02:43 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
David Dulek <ddulek AT FASTENAL DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Celerra Recovery

My understanding is that NDMP backups require a "similiar" target as the
source.  You need a Celerra to recover the data from a Celerra.  I am
looking at getting a Netapp and will test that understanding soon.

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 12:27 -0800, Leiss, Jeffrey wrote:
> On the initial install I went with FC attached tape drives to the
movers, but I plan to run some network backup tests to see if multiplexing
increases the performance.

Behalf Of A Darren Dunham
> Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 12:22 PM
> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
> Subject: Re: [Networker] Celerra Recovery
>
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 12:04:47PM -0800, Leiss, Jeffrey wrote:
> > We just implemented a Celerra in our environment, and I've been
> > searching around to find the best method for restores.. Can it be done
> > from the celerra, or is it best to do it from another server, and
> > mount the location you wish to restore the data to?
>
> How are you doing backups?  Are you using NDMP, or are you mounting the
> device on a networker client (CIFS or NFS?)

type