Networker

Re: [Networker] Client owner notification with 7.4 sp3

2008-11-18 18:47:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client owner notification with 7.4 sp3
From: Lars Nilsson J <lars.j.nilsson AT ERICSSON DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 00:44:49 +0100
>Date:    Wed, 5 Nov 2008 08:51:41 -0800
>From:    Roberta Gold <gold11 AT LLNL DOT GOV>
>Subject: Re: Client owner notification with 7.4 sp3
>
>I am glad I read this! I was getting ready to upgrade my NetWorker
>servers to 7.4.3 today. I update a webpage on daily basis where all
>the sysadmins can view the results of backups. It is all based on a
>script that runs from the Owner Notification. I smell a postponement!
>Does EMC have a fix yet? Or will it take more complaining from
>customers?

Hi,

I created a case to Sun and they have escalated it to EMC but I haven't
heard anything yet.
Sun support wanted a copy of my /nsr/res and also asked if I wanted to
try
a binary fix when they had received one from EMC.

I presume that's the savegrp binary that executes the notification
command ?

I haven't backed out the sp3 patch yet but maybe it's possible just to
replace
the savegrp with an older version.

/Lars