Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker tape library - tapes showing as unlabelled??

2008-11-18 12:13:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker tape library - tapes showing as unlabelled??
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 11:12:12 -0600
Hello,
I have seen this happen, by vertue of some networker process going out of
sync, it may happen if tape drive is occupied but DDS or other feature may
attempt to load a tape to the same drive again, networker may place the
tape  back in  slot unlabeled mode, just reinventory it again to fix it,
occasionally, you may need to re-initialize the lib and sync it. ( nsrjb
-HEvv) & inventory it.
Ultimately, you need to find out the cause behind  this conflicts and fix
it.
HTH

ee01akk <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
11/18/2008 09:42 AM
Please respond to
NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Networker tape library - tapes showing as unlabelled??

Occasionally, tapes show up as <unlabeled> in the ‘Volumes’ column of
library operations even though it is labelled and is visible in the
‘Media’ view.

Any ideas why this could happen?

Running Networker server 7.4 SP2 on AIX 53.

|This was sent by ee01akk AT hotmail DOT com via Backup Central.

type