Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrade to 7.4 SP3 ( Windows )

2008-11-18 08:26:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrade to 7.4 SP3 ( Windows )
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:24:11 -0500
1) Yes, you have to stop the services. After stopping the services, I would
copy the entire NSR directory somewhere else so if you have to undo the
upgrade, it will be easy. Depending on the size of your indices, this may or
may not be easy.

2) It's a good idea to make sure that the catalog is consistent before any
upgrade. The nsrim -X, nsrck -m won't take much time, but be prepared for a
long process for the "nsrck -L6".

3) Yes, and you must. The one hard rule is that the server and all storage
nodes have to be the same version.