Networker

[Networker] AIX Client Restore Problem

2008-11-14 12:19:43
Subject: [Networker] AIX Client Restore Problem
From: ee01akk <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:58:56 -0500
The networker server is AIX53. Running networker 74-2. The client is also AIX53
and networker 7.4-2.

(Please see attached screenshots).

We've got the server called restore53 set up and loaded the dedicated storage
node/client software onto it. We had some issues yesterday with setting this
up, when we configured the new library, but the main problem turned out to be a
resolv.conf file missing from the server and the library couldn't see the
networker server. Fixed now.

So, Now we can load tapes and inventory tapes on this newly configured
autochanger device.

and we can manually mount/unmount tapes from the GUI as shown above.

Now I am trying a nwrecover from the AIX machine, in the xwindows session I am
selecting just a single file from a /home directory just to test things.
I set the browse time so it relates to the loaded tapes... Note that the
Location of the tape is in the drive. when its not manually mounted, it says
offline.

then click the start button

and nothing happens..

I have uploaded the screenshots to a file hosting site:

http://www.zshare.net/download/513167618afa03d0/

Any ideas on why the restore might be hanging like this and what I can try to
get it working again?

Thanks!