Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrjb -R not recycling volume in 7.4.3?

2008-11-13 08:25:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrjb -R not recycling volume in 7.4.3?
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:22:50 -0500
Bruce,
7.4.3 includes a fix LGTsc16781 which changed the way -R works.... that may be the cause of your problem. (As the culprit that complained and got EMC to change the way -R works.... sorry).

For what you are doing, why are you using -R? Since NetWorker doesn't already know what the volume label is, it doesn't know what media pool it is in and therefore, doesn't know what label template to use to label the tape... Now, the way my environment works, when I deposit tapes into my library, the get scanned and inventoried automatically -- so if the tape is in NetWorkers mediadb -- then they immediately show up in the jukebox resource correctly. How are you putting these tapes back into your library? Are you using the library I/O Ports or physically putting them into slots yourself?

If you are using the I/O ports -- NetWorker should be figuring out what the volume is automatically. If you are putting the tapes into slots in the library -- you will need to use the nsrjb -II (quick Inventory) to have it realize the volume -- Then I think your nsrjb -RYL command should work again.

Frank