Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrjb -R not recycling volume in 7.4.3?

2008-11-13 08:08:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrjb -R not recycling volume in 7.4.3?
From: "Brian O'Neill" <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:06:41 -0500
Bruce Breidall wrote:
Could be that your tape mapping is all wrong...

I would double check that.

For that I would need more information...how do I check the mapping? I see all my tapes fine in the media list, and all barcodes match the volume names.

Note that this exact configuration worked in Networker 7.4.1 perfectly fine - old tapes added back to the library would still appear as volume name "-*" but the barcode was listed, until I did some operation which caused it to verify the tape label (either a Networker inventory or label operation). In 7.4.1 a label/recycle operation worked fine for this, it would recycle the tape regardless. In 7.4.3 it rejects the operation (but since it did verify the label, the volume name is updated in the inventory)

-Brian