Networker

Re: [Networker] Bootstrap takes 40 minutes to backup

2008-11-07 14:49:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bootstrap takes 40 minutes to backup
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:48:10 -0600
Hello,
Do you have any errors in your FC environments, collisions etc ?
Do the same drives backup other saveset on the same client\server
effectively at full speed ?
Does your backup server have enough free space ?
HTH

Osvaldo Lehmann <osvaldo.lehmann AT AQB DOT CL>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
11/07/2008 01:36 PM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Osvaldo Lehmann <osvaldo.lehmann AT AQB DOT CL>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Bootstrap takes 40 minutes to backup

Hi Paul:

NetWorker version is 7.4.3, I was using 7.3.4 with the same problem, I
upgraded just to check if the problem could go away.
We are using LTO4 FC and also Data Domain DD565 emulating tape drives.
My bootstrap size is 689 MB
We had the same problem with the previous configuration SDLT320 SCSI

Thanks in advance