Networker

Re: [Networker] Unable to add a new client

2008-11-07 12:07:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Unable to add a new client
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 11:05:02 -0600
Hello,
Eventually, you will need to fix the problem with name resolution with
multihome client, however, you may be able to create the client using host
file entry, give it a try.
Curious, is there a firewall  involved ? any errors in the legato  log
files, including windows eventvwr.
HTH

"Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
11/07/2008 10:52 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
"Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Unable to add a new client

I am unable to add a new client machine, Networker refuses to allow the
client to be added using either it's name or one of the 4 IP addresses
that get returned when I do a lookup of it...

Anyone have a method for adding a new Windows 2008 client that has 4 IP
addresses ???

It has the latest client , 7.4 sp3. The server is Win2003 server running
7.4 sp2.

Thank You,

Paul
--