Networker

Re: [Networker] How can I determine where a save is coming from ?

2008-11-06 14:02:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] How can I determine where a save is coming from ?
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 14:00:40 -0500
Once it got a Default tape mounted, it wrote just a Bootstrap...

It was the server itself !!!

I have an 'Index' group that I run everyday to backup just the client
indexes after all our other groups are done ... (via scheduled
job:savegroup -O groupname). It had completed all its indexes and only
had the bootstrap to do before the group was complete... Why did it want
to write this bootstrap to the Default pool ??? It's never done that
before !! The group is already assigned to an existing pool, but it did
not want that...
 I know if I ask EMC, they won't have any kind of meaningful answer for
this, That's what I hate about Networker at times, it sometimes does
things that defy any logical explanation ... Or the effort required to
get a real answer to a question is simply not worth it...