Networker

[Networker] Networker SNMP Notifications

2008-11-05 12:03:31
Subject: [Networker] Networker SNMP Notifications
From: JesseGill <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 12:01:23 -0500
Hi all,

The datacenter I work in is soon to implement network monitoring software call
'EMC Smarts' that uses SNMP traps to keep track of our alerts sent by servers
and any other problems that arise.

I know Networker can send SNMP traps. While Smarts recieves the traps from
Networker, it is classified as an Unknown Trap and needs further configuration.
I can manage the configuration of the trap, but before I do, I need to know the
OID of the trap being sent by Networker.

Does anyone know what the Networker trap OID is, or how to find it? Where are
the Networker MIB files located?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jesse