Networker

Re: [Networker] Format of tape

2008-10-30 16:20:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Format of tape
From: "Rutherford, Rodney" <RRutherford AT PEABODYENERGY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:18:04 -0500

And in the UNIX world, mt has had the ability to erase media:

        mt -f /dev/rmt/0cbn erase

This has nothing to do with NetWorker or any other backup product
for that matter, just part of normal tape management.

Rodney

E-mail Disclaimer:
The information contained in this e-mail, and in any accompanying
documents, may constitute confidential and/or legally privileged
information.  The information is intended only for use by the
designated recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient (or
responsible for the delivery of the message to the intended
recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or other use of, or taking of any action
in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this email communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message from your system.