Networker

Re: [Networker] How to find out version info for all Networker clients ?

2008-10-29 10:53:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to find out version info for all Networker clients ?
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:50:14 -0400
You need to read the installation guide that is readily available for download from powerlink. You should also read the upgrade documentation (but be aware the tech guidance for upgrading to 7.4sp3 is really directed at people that have not yet installed 7.3.x -- so, you have to keep in mind what 7.3.x added and discount some of the things it says you have to do).

The server and storage nodes have to be upgraded at the same time.

The clients can be upgraded at a later time.

If you really can't read the documentation and need hand holding -- you should open an issue with EMC and have them provide you with instructions (I assume you have paid for support or you wouldn't be bothering to upgrade).

Yes, you will need to uninstall 7.3.3 (including NMC) before you install 7.4sp3 -- however, when you uninstall NMC, it will not destroy the database and the new install *should* upgrade the existing NMC database to the required format (which I don't think has changed between versions, but I haven't done this upgrade yet, so I don't know for certain).

Frank