Networker

Re: [Networker] Error: Networker filling tapes prematurely

2008-10-29 09:40:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Error: Networker filling tapes prematurely
From: Jóhannes Karl Karlsson <johannes.karlsson AT SKYRR DOT IS>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 13:37:39 -0000
We had similar problem in our environment which consists of EDL, Cisco MDS and
Networker 7.4.2. We had SCSI error, I/O bus was reset in daemon.raw of the
networker server. When the bus resets the tape got end of marker, thus marked
as FULL even though only 10GB had been written.

In our case it turned out to be a gbic on the MDS. When it was replaced the
problem was solved.