Networker

Re: [Networker] Media Info suggest manually labeling a new writable volume

2008-10-23 09:23:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Media Info suggest manually labeling a new writable volume
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:21:12 -0500
> > After you make the tapes 'recyclable', it still doesn't use it?
>

> Yes after making them recyclable it wouldn't pick up any tapes for
> some odd reason. I have about 300 tapes that I rotate. Where can I
> check about my rentention period?

The 'volretent' field of mminfo will report a given volume's expiration
date, but beware that (at least in 7.2x) I've seen it indicate recycle
dates that are *before* the browse/retention policies on individual
savesets on the volume will expire. Hopefully this bug is now fixed. You
can also check the individual policies set for each client resource, as
they will affect volume retention.