Networker

Re: [Networker] Media Info suggest manually labeling a new writable volume

2008-10-22 15:22:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Media Info suggest manually labeling a new writable volume
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 19:17:37 +0000
On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 09:49:40AM -0400, ceejay187 wrote:

> I am a newbie here. I am getting this error message "Media Info:
> Suggest manually labeling a new writable volume for pool".

That sounds like you're trying to do a backup and Networker can't find:

* An appendable tape in the required pool
* A recyclable tape in the required pool
* A recyclable tape in a foreign pool that can be recycled from

> I have to manually label an already labeled available tape in order
> for the job to start backing up.

"already labeled available"?  Is it in the same pool?  Is it appendable?
Is it recyclable?  What makes it available?

--
Darren