Networker

[Networker] netware backup issue

2008-10-21 11:55:21
Subject: [Networker] netware backup issue
From: Chas <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:50:30 -0400
Hi,
I have a Novell Netware 6.5 server running Novell Networker client 7.2 (with
Netware Networker patches LGTsc02878 installed) and backing up two volumes -
Shrdata & Usrdata. The Shrdata volume backs up without issue but Usrdata will
more often than not finish backing up then immediately start another saveset &
will eventually finish then fail with the message "Save.NLM. RPC error. RPC
send operation failed. A network connection could not be established with the
host" although this is not the case with the host still in contact with the
client.

I have done an integrity check (nss verify) on the pool and found no errors.
The client install is also fresh.

Any assitance would be appreciated.