Networker

Re: [Networker] HP LTO3 Drives with Linux RHEL4 Storagenode

2008-10-20 05:33:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] HP LTO3 Drives with Linux RHEL4 Storagenode
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:32:58 +0100
Vlad_K wrote:
NeilD wrote:
Have you checked CDI is switched off in Neworker for the drives?

Thank you, NeilD, for CDI
I have disabled it . And it seems like one drive works properly.
But there is another question...
Now i have following

[email protected]:HP      Ultrium 3-SCSI  M63S|Tape, /dev/sg0
                                           S/N: HU10810A9F
                                           ATPN:HP      Ultrium 3-SCSI
HU10810A9F
                                           WWNN:50060B0000630122
                                           WWPN:50060B0000630120
                                           PORT:00000001
[email protected]:HP      Ultrium 3-SCSI  M63S|Tape, /dev/nst1
                                           S/N: HU1080639T
                                           ATPN:HP      Ultrium 3-SCSI
HU1080639T
                                           WWNN:50060B00006301AE
                                           WWPN:50060B00006301AC
                                           PORT:00000001

Second one - /dev/nst1 works fine.
But /dev/sg0 doesn't work.

What should i do to determine drive path(link) for the system ?
There should be some conf file as i guess...

sg0 is SCSI Generic and is not the correct type of device for a tape drive. You should be using nst? devices. I am not sure why this is being picked up by inquire with an sg0 device but my hunch would be to look and see whether there is an nst0 device, if so try using that.