Networker

Re: [Networker] Changing Recoverable to Browsable without "re"cloning?

2008-10-15 14:13:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Changing Recoverable to Browsable without "re"cloning?
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:11:34 -0500
I agree with Tim on this one - we do nscrk -L7 all the time.  We keep
things browsable for only 90 days.   After that, we have to do the nsrck
command.

If time is of the essence, this is the way to go.  Unless you have some
index that is in the hundreds of GB or TB, the index recover should take
only minutes.  After that, just browse, and recover whatever file(s) you
need.  Of course (as Tim said), this will only work if you keep your
indexes on tapes that haven't been written over yet.   That's why we
keep our indexes on tapes that never get erased.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk