Networker

Re: [Networker] VSS message errors

2008-10-15 04:32:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] VSS message errors
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:17:42 +0200
Hello,

Client2 is using client 7.4.2.Build.431 (the same as others). Is a Windows Server 2003 R2. VSS:*=off is not included in the Apps&Modules tab.

If I use the All values in the savesets this client tries to backup the "old" names: ASR:\, SYSTEM DB:\, SYSTEM STATE:\, etc.

Other servers with the same OS and Legato client version does the VSS savesets without problems.

Why? I suppose this is a configuration problem, Isn't it?

But where? Legato client? Operating System?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Francis Swasey wrote:
Hello,

I would double check that client2 is using the 7.4.2 client and make certain that the client definition doesn't include vss:*=off in the Apps & Modules tab, the VSS section.

As for client3 -- Is there a really good reason to spell out these saveset names instead of using "ALL"? If not, I'd go with just "ALL". If there is -- I don't know the answer to your question.

Frank