Networker

Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker

2008-10-13 19:17:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:12:12 -0400

from
> the Guest ? ( like ESX ranger does ?) or do you have to restore the
entire
> image and  then pick a file.
> HTH

No, afaik, w/full image backup and no 3rd party utility (vranger etc),
you still have to restore the full vm to disk/share from NW, put back
into esx with vmwares converter, and then pluck the file(s).

(That's why I tend to not use it on fileservers and such. ;)

You can do file-level vcb's if you use :

c:\

As the saveset name, but I've never tried a full vm restore (yet) that
was saved in this manner, so not sure how that goes...

Regards,
jamie