Networker

Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker

2008-10-13 10:15:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker
From: Fazil Saiyed <Fazil.Saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:10:40 -0500
Hello,
This depends on your proxy server capabilities ( Hardware, connectivity
etc) & your VM Guest sizes and your backup schedule, Once you start
pegging your CPU & overhead on the proxy server is high,time to add
another SN( VCB Proxy), just add one VMserver at a time and watch the
utilization.
Other factors that may influence your proxy server configuration might be
compression\dedupe of VM Guest data & your SAN capabilities.
HTH

Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
10/10/2008 09:01 AM
Please respond to
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please respond
Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: VCB & Networker

> From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
> Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:10:08 -0400
> To: <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
> Subject: Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker

I have a follow-up question. When I arrived at my office this morning, I
was
greeted by another SA with another Vmware ESX server that has two VMs to
back up. My question is simple. Do we need one proxy server per Vmware ESX
server, or can we have one proxy server handle backups for multiple Vmware
servers?

type