Networker

[Networker] Cloning from VTL to Tape

2008-10-10 19:21:11
Subject: [Networker] Cloning from VTL to Tape
From: JesseGill <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:18:00 -0400
Well, I've been testing GUI-based cloning for the past couple days and I'm
confused. I have a save group TEST that I checked the 'Clone' box and set a
clone pool on our tape library. I ran that save group and it ran fine.

Today, I set two of our smaller production save groups to clone and while the
backups completed, the cloning operation failed. In the log files, it seemed to
state the cloning completed, but then Networker was trying to load a different
volume and would automatically terminate the operation before it could
complete. This would loop unless aborted.

My command line test or nsrclone was successful. Unless I can figure out what
exactly is going on with the Networker GUI, I might have to write up an
nsrclone script. :S