Networker

[Networker] VCB & Networker

2008-10-10 10:24:34
Subject: [Networker] VCB & Networker
From: tkutil <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:21:12 -0400
[/quote]
I have a follow-up question. When I arrived at my office this morning, I was
greeted by another SA with another Vmware ESX server that has two VMs to
back up. My question is simple. Do we need one proxy server per Vmware ESX
server, or can we have one proxy server handle backups for multiple Vmware
servers?

via RSS at http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER[/quote]

One proxy should work. The limiting factors are SAN connectivity and the amount
of storage on your VCB Proxy since it copies the VMs to the proxy.