Networker

[Networker] Cloning from VTL to Tape

2008-10-09 18:19:38
Subject: [Networker] Cloning from VTL to Tape
From: brerrabbit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 18:15:14 -0400
JesseGill wrote:

> <snip>
>
>  Is there a way to clone an entire pool at once? What would be the best way
> to do this?
>
> If there's any other information I need to include, please let me know.
> Thanks in adnvance!
>
> Jesse

You can clone by volume name, volume id, or (like we do) by saveset. If you
want to clone more than one thing at a time, you need to get what you want into
a file, and pass the file name to the nsrclone executable.  In our case, we use
an mminfo command to populate a text file with all of the saveset numbers we
intend to clone and then reference that file with the -f option using nsrclone.
 By using mminfo, you can craft a query to return just the items, be it volume
names or savesets, that need to be cloned on to tape.  Our script uses an
mminfo query that looks for savesets that only have one copy (i.e. no clone
copy already exists), and I'm guessing that you could craft something that
achieves the same for volumes.

HTH
-brerrabbit