Networker

Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker

2008-10-09 08:15:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 08:08:08 -0400

Really? Ok, I stand corrected - that is just what I had read from being
on this list, and what worked for me. Apologies!

> In my case (at my previous employer), I went with just a standard
client.
> Even if I had wanted to add a storage node, they wouldn't have paid
for the
> additional license anyways.

Strange. Perhaps I didn't need extra the sn license because there is no
actual tape/vtl attached to the vcb server?

> Since the size of our VMware environment was quite large, what I did
was split
> the guest backups into 7 separate chunks, with each guest getting only
a single
> full VCB backup per week.  That was for DRP purposes, if I needed more
> granularity on a particular guest, it also got backed up as a regular
> NetWorker client (windows guests), or via rsync (Linux guests).
>
> Rodney

Thanks for the correction/info/thoughts.

Regards,
jamie

> E-mail Disclaimer:
> The information contained in this e-mail, and in any accompanying
> documents, may constitute confidential and/or legally privileged
> information.  The information is intended only for use by the
> designated recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient (or
> responsible for the delivery of the message to the intended
> recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
> distribution, copying, or other use of, or taking of any action
> in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have
> received this email communication in error, please notify the
> sender immediately and delete the message from your system.

type "signoff
> networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-
> request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list.
You can access