Networker

[Networker] VCB & Networker

2008-10-08 04:34:22
Subject: [Networker] VCB & Networker
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 04:28:23 -0400
James Pratt wrote:

> Yes you also need to zone your networker server into your SAN fabric
> along with the ESX luns. (Nervous yet?! - Read the VCB guide first,
> especially if you are running RDM's in your ESX - this is very
> important, as you must disable windows auto-mount for disk volumes and
> do not run any MPIO software such as powerpath on the vcb server! - Also
> read vmware's VCB manual very carefully!)

Interesting.  I kinda skimmed over the VCB docs recently but apparently missed
the 'NW server on same SAN' part.  At that point I'd be more inclined to make
one of the various VMWare servers (perhaps the secondary VirtualCenter system)
a storage node and use that to service VM backups.

Are there problems with such a method?

--TSK
Tim Kimball, Sungard/BRASS