Networker

Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker

2008-10-07 10:21:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] VCB & Networker
From: James Pratt <jpratt AT NORWICH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 10:17:29 -0400

Networker server
> also have access to the SAN LUN with iSCSI initiator?
>
> I created a client and added to it's own group. When I run the group I
keep getting
> this error:
> 'save_vcb.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command
>
> Does this mean that one of the scripts cannot find the loadpoint for
Networker?

> I'm definately confused...

Yes you also need to zone your networker server into your SAN fabric
along with the ESX luns. (Nervous yet?! - Read the VCB guide first,
especially if you are running RDM's in your ESX - this is very
important, as you must disable windows auto-mount for disk volumes and
do not run any MPIO software such as powerpath on the vcb server! - Also
read vmware's VCB manual very carefully!)

For your saveset/group error, you need to edit the client config of your
vcb proxy in NW, and enter the "save command" to be simply:

save_vcb.bat

Lastly, be sure and read the (short) readme.html included with the
Legato integration scripts/files - that explains how to backup a vm
using networker and the saveset naming conventions for VCB.

Regards,
jamie